Using research compiled for our Mind the Credit Gap
report of 2012, the infographic shows how more than half (57%) of UK consumers are at risk of being declined credit by mainstream lenders. It also reveals how age, gender and personal circumstances all play a part in determining creditworthiness – and that people from all walks of life can struggle to access the credit they need. Key findings include:
- 34% of those in full-time employment can find it difficult to access credit
- One-third (32%) earning £50,000 or more can also struggle in this regard
- 69% of women and 82% of 18-24-year-olds fail to meet typical lending criteria
- A staggering seven in 10 have no idea what their credit score is
Remember, aqua offers credit building credit cards
with advantages that can help credit card users with bad credit.
* Research carried out between August and September 2012 with Research Plus Ltd. This involved the development of a typical credit check survey which was completed by a UK representative sample of 2,023 adults.